The Mastic Beach Ambulance Company was founded in 1948, as part of the Mastic Beach Fire Department. In 1987, we separated from the Mastic Beach Fire Department. Our current facility, located on Whittier Drive, was completed in 1990.
The Mastic Beach Ambulance District covers an area approximately 11.8 square miles, covering Fire Island on the south from Moriches Inlet to Old/New Inlet, and north to Wavecrest Drive.
We currently have 60 active riding volunteers, approximately 30 life members and/or associate volunteers who do not actively respond to EMS alarms but assist the company in other ways.
Our department leadership consist of our Board of Directors (7 members) and our Board of Officers (8 members). All officers and directors are volunteers.
We have consistently averaged a 5% increase in call volume year over year for the past 10 years.